Wednesday 21 January 2015

Blind,deaf or dumb???



Blind, deaf and dumb???



1.He was one of my best friends. We usually share everything in life. We were friends from childhood. I have read somewhere that people who are friends for more than seven years will be friends forever. We were friends for more than seven years so I was pretty sure we will be forever. But one of the things I don’t like about him is that he smokes a lot. I wanted to tell him to stop smoking as it is not good for health. But I didn’t, I felt hesitant to speak up. He said that he smokes a lot every day. Years later we got job and settled in different places, and we forgot to keep in touch. Life and job was getting bored. I really lost the wish to live. On that day my childhood friend called me and he we talked for hours recollecting memories and talking about the things we did in the past. And he asked where I was and about my job, life etc. I told him I am working for a very reputed company but life there is really dull and I really lost the wish to live.
And I asked him where he is now. He replied that he is a hospital and undergoing treatment for lung cancer because of smoking. And his voice turned sad as he continued....’ I really wish I could live for some more years’ and he cried through his phone...
And I thought, I should have really told him to quit smoking back then and yes I was DUMB….. But from that moment onwards, I started to tell and ask all my friends to stop smoking whenever I saw them with a cigarette. I don’t want to be a DUMB anymore in life. Be brave and speak up when you have to. It can really bring about a change, at least for one person.

2. It was a usual day in my life. I was walking through the side of a busy road. I saw an old man trying to cross the road. He was blind and so I wanted to help him cross the road. But something told me to help him, but I tried to act like a deaf by not hearing those words from my heart... and I kept walking. After walking some distance I saw a friend of mine and I tried to cross the road to meet him. The road was busy with vehicles in both the directions. I somehow managed to cross the road and reached the other side. It was like an adventure for me, crossing a 7 meter road in the middle of that town. When I looked back the old man was still on the other side of the road, still trying to cross the road. I wondered who was really blind ….. And from then onwards I started to help anyone whom I can and started hearing everything what my heart says. I don’t want to be a BLIND person by trying to avoid seeing the things   and be DEAF by not hearing what my heart says.

No comments:

Post a Comment